Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Franco Fallica <fr...@getunik.com> on 2011/01/13 11:42:42 UTC

JmxRemote

hi guys,

Has somebody allready tried to use jmxremote with clerezza?
I somehow struggle to get a connection because of the security.manager

What I did:
setup up a jmxremote.password and jmxremote.access file and startet clerezza with the follwing params.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=portNum

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=pathtofile

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=pathtofile

when I try to connect with jconsole it throws the following exception:

java.lang.SecurityException: attempt to add a Permission to a readonly Permissions object

        at java.security.Permissions.add(Permissions.java:110)

in the jmx documentation it says:
"If your application runs a security manager, then additional permissions are required in the security permissions file."

I guess that's the problem - but honestly it doesn't help me much, since I don't really knwo what it means.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

cheers
franco

--[cid:image001.png@01CBB316.7C345D10]<http://twitter.com/getunik>-[cid:image002.png@01CBB316.7C345D10]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/getunikcom/124320320041>----------------------------------------------

-- getunik ag -------------------------------------------
  franco fallica             franco.fallica@getunik.com<ma...@getunik.com>
  hardturmstrasse 101    fon: +41 44 388 55 88
  ch-8005 zuerich               fax: +41 44 388 55 89

-- latest getunik project -------------------------
   Act local! Geo Marketing for your E-Mail campaign: www.geomarketing.com<http://www.geomarketing.com/>

-- best of swiss web awards 2009 ------------------
   Gold & Silver for Connect2Earth / Bronze for WWF UK

we make the web a better place - www.getunik.com<http://www.getunik.com/>

P Think about the environment ! Do not print this mail unless necessary.

Re: JmxRemote

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
Hi Franco

Apparently I'm not the only one here that never used jmxremote.

Did you solve your problem in between? Normally if a permission is missing
you see in the exception which one it is, in your case it seems like an
issue with the security implementation. Maybe ask on the felix mailing list?

Cheers,
reto

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Franco Fallica <franco.fallica@getunik.com