Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aaron O'Hara <aj...@globalreachsoftware.com> on 2003/03/15 23:02:11 UTC

Testing your Struts Application

Can anybody point out some good automated testing strategies for
Struts-based applications?

Ideally, I'd like to run automated tests that simulate an end user:
1) filling out a form and testing for success and expected failure
2) clicking on a url that brings up a result set

I know I could unit test some of my business and data layers, but that
leaves out potential run-time errors that may exist in the JSP pages
(like a typo for an <html:text property="naame" /> tag).

I'm really interested to know what automated testing is working for
people, especially for larger web applications with more "moving parts".

Aaron

Re: Testing your Struts Application

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
several previous posts refer to this - might check it out:

http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/

-jeff