Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/05/05 19:31:19 UTC

Re: HTTP/1.1 implementation speeds

>  * But bandwidth will still be a killer - which is why I've turned
>  * into a proxy cop on www-talk recently :) When we move from the 5
>  * million browsers mark to the 500 million browsers mark (15 years?),
>  * proxies are going to be the only thing that holds this whole thing
>  * together.
>  */
>
> 15 years? Nah, give it another six months.

                   Rob McCool.

Rob, what are you basing this on ? Everyone using 100 browsers
instead of 1 in the near future ???

Maybe Ncom plan to bundle Netscape with each box
of corn flakes  :-)  ... send 3 tokens for Netscape, 4 if
you want SSL.

robh

Re: HTTP/1.1 implementation speeds

Posted by Simon Spero <se...@tipper.oit.unc.edu>.
On Fri, 5 May 1995, Rob McCool wrote:

>  *
>  * Rob, what are you basing this on ? Everyone using 100 browsers
>  * instead of 1 in the near future ???
>
> I was mostly kidding. But I think you're on to something. Ten browsers
> for every finger?

Hell- who needs fingers. I have one browser under voice control, and
another two for mouse control.

Simon

Re: HTTP/1.1 implementation speeds

Posted by Rob McCool <ro...@netscape.com>.
[warning: this message is content free]

/*
 * "Re: HTTP/1.1 implementation speeds " by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov>
 *    written Fri, 5 May 95 11:31:19 MDT
 *
 ** 15 years? Nah, give it another six months.
 *
 * Rob, what are you basing this on ? Everyone using 100 browsers
 * instead of 1 in the near future ???

I was mostly kidding. But I think you're on to something. Ten browsers
for every finger?

 * Maybe Ncom plan to bundle Netscape with each box of corn flakes :-)
 * ... send 3 tokens for Netscape, 4 if you want SSL.
 */

Now there's an idea. Floppy disks in specially marked boxes of Cap'n
Crunch.

--Rob