Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/08/03 17:20:22 UTC

Temporary issue tracking

I have some random issues in the back of my head that I know we need
to resolve at some point, but not now, but I don't want to forget
them.  I'm going to start listing them at the bottom of the Project
Planning wiki page here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Planning

I invite you to do the same.

I'm recommending that these be small, standalone, actionable items,
things that would have been added to JIRA or Bugzilla if we had it set
up now.  Larger items that would require multiple steps to resolve,
probably belong on their own planning page.  But think of this "Open
Issues" list as a holding pen until we have Bugzilla migrated.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Temporary issue tracking

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<de...@acm.org> wrote:
>  1. Is the current OpenOffice.org bugzilla not operating?
>
>  2. If the issues are about the migration, maybe we should activate a piece of the Apache JIRA so we can be more systematic, figuring out how to retire/merge it when the OpenOffice.org bugzilla comes over in whatever form we need it in.  Then we at least get notices on ooo-dev (I presume).
>
>  3. Or maybe it is simply time to agree on whether we will be using JIRA or bugzilla and find a way to start using it on the Apache side now, in a way that won't get in the way of a merge of the OpenOffice.org when we're ready to throw that switch.

If you want to push for something heavier, then I'm fine with that
also.  But the wiki is sufficient for me, for now, to dump issues.