Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com> on 2009/05/29 11:05:40 UTC

Recording multipart requests

I'm trying to record multipart/mixed http record, and JMeter 2.3.2 does not
record that at all. Is there some configuration that is needed specially for
multipart recording?

My JMeter proxy is setup at least partly correct, since all other request
types except this multipart type are recorded fine.

Here's multipart request details:

80 * In-bound request received
80 > POST
http://localhost:8080/webservices/projects/test668/contents/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf
80 > Content-Length: 112510
80 > Host: localhost:8080
80 > User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
80 > Content-Type:
multipart/mixed;boundary=Boundary_1_10290022_1243587608574
80 > Accept: multipart/mixed
80 > MIME-Version: 1.0
80 >

--Boundary_1_10290022_1243587608574

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
--Boundary_1_10290022_1243587608574

%PDF-1.4

----- // cut out lots logged binary lines// -----

110856
%%EOF

--Boundary_1_10290022_1243587608574--

Re: Recording multipart requests

Posted by Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com>.

sebb-2-2 wrote:

> What does the client see in that case? Does it see a successful
> response to the POST?
> If it sees a successful response, then it is not using the JMeter
> proxy. The JMeter proxy will not return a successful response unless
> it is able to create the sampler and invoke it.

We got the JMeter to record Multipart/mixed requests correctly after we had
some major refactoring done on our client side. The reason why JMeter
recording now succeeds is still a mystery :)

Anyways, now there is another problem with JMeter changing the content of
the multipart as I was told at Jersey forums
(http://n2.nabble.com/MIMEParsingException%3A-Missing-start-boundary--tc3153969.html#a3155185):

"contains a space at the start of every line (after the first one) as if a
CR LF is replaced with CR and space. "

Is this a known issue or a new one? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers,

.aRi

Re: Recording multipart requests

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/05/2009, Ari Heino <ex...@tieto.com> wrote:

>  I'm trying to record multipart/mixed http record, and JMeter 2.3.2 does not
>  record that at all. Is there some configuration that is needed specially for
>  multipart recording?

It can't be configured - either it works or it doesn't.