Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/17 02:00:39 UTC

Re: svn commit: r604604 - in /httpcomponents/oac.hc3x/trunk: project.properties xdocs/developerguide.xml xdocs/navigation.xml xdocs/userguide.xml

On 16/12/2007, rolandw@apache.org <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rolandw
> Date: Sun Dec 16 03:02:00 2007
> New Revision: 604604

> Log:
> ... reference JavaDocs for 5.0 instead of 1.4.2

I thought HttpClient 3.1 was supposed to support 1.4 or even earlier?

project.properties says:

maven.compile.source=1.2
maven.compile.target=1.2

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Sebastian,

>> Log:
>> ... reference JavaDocs for 5.0 instead of 1.4.2
>
> I thought HttpClient 3.1 was supposed to support 1.4 or even earlier?

Yes, it requires only Java 1.2.2. But Sun pulled the
JavaDocs for that version at some time. JavaDocs for
1.3.1 are still up, but we were already linking to
the 1.4.2 version. Since our recent poll indicated
little interest in that, I upgraded the link to the
version that is in widespread use nowadays.

Note that this is only used as the backdrop for our
own generated JavaDocs. So if you click on the link
to "java.lang.Object" in [1], you'll be taken to the
5.0 JavaDocs instead of the 1.4.2. I don't think
that is going to confuse any users.

cheers,
  Roland

[1]