Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by André Rothe <ar...@phosco.info> on 2011/01/25 14:31:23 UTC

Multiple connections per transaction

Hi,

I have seen, that Cayenne uses multiple connections per transaction (a
DataNode can have multiple connections and it can add multiple
connections to a transaction). I ask myself, how can Cayenne ensure
some visibility problems, which depend on the isolation level of the
underlying datastore? I think, you could get different results from
different connections.

~André

Re: Multiple connections per transaction

Posted by André Rothe <ar...@phosco.info>.
Ah, okay. TransactionDataSource get always the same connection for the
specified DataNode or creates a new one, if no connection exists. So
you will have multiple connection within a transaction only if you
have a transaction over multiple DataNodes.

Thank you
André

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.