Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Roman Adyev <ad...@yandex.ru> on 2021/08/17 13:42:27 UTC

How to upgrade Guacamole 1.0 to 1.3 on Ubuntu

Guys, is there any sort of manual ?

Should I uninstall 1.0 first or it's possible to upgrade somehow?

Re: How to upgrade Guacamole 1.0 to 1.3 on Ubuntu

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 7:57 AM Roman Adyev <ad...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Thank you very much for the pointer but unfortunately I didn't find any
> article concerning update procedure there, only:
>
> Installing
>
> Configuring
>
> Administration
>
> Troubleshooting
>
> Etc.

To upgrade a native installation of 1.0.0 to 1.3.0, you go through the
installation steps again, effectively replacing your existing install with
the new one. The configuration files, their locations, etc. are all the
same, so you don't need to make any other changes beyond building the newer
guacamole-server, deploying the new .war, and updating your extensions.

If you were upgrading from a release prior to 1.0.0 like 0.9.14, there
would also be schema changes that need to be applied, but that will not be
the case for upgrading any 1.x release to any later 1.x release. If ever
the schema changes again, that release would get a full major number bump.

- Mike

RE: How to upgrade Guacamole 1.0 to 1.3 on Ubuntu

Should I uninstall 1.0 first or it’s possible to upgrade somehow?

You should not need to uninstall - upgrading is definitely possible.

-Nick

RE: How to upgrade Guacamole 1.0 to 1.3 on Ubuntu

Posted by Roman Adyev <ad...@yandex.ru>.
Update:

I’ve finally managed to find a manual written by Michael Jumper for upgrading Guacamole here https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-1154?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

and it works : )

The only nuance as far as I understand is I had to update Ubuntu 16.04 to 18 because it doesn't support freerdp2-dev.

Thank you

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.