Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/31 20:55:50 UTC

add a "property" field to Field ?

sometimes we need a little bit of extra info about a Schema Field.
for example, for a string field, we could say "the max length is 100
chars",
or we could record that "this field is generated from that table".

this would require changes on the serialization/deserialization of the
schema , and an extra set/getProperties() method

Re: add a "property" field to Field ?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Field attributes are supported in Avro 1.4.

Doug

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot

this is what I want, perfect.

but we are using 1.2.0,  while doc is present only in 1.3

our environment has a jackson version that has a conflict with 1.3's
jackson , it's a bit tricky

Posted by Michael Glaesemann <mi...@myyearbook.com>.