Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Tomas Olsson <to...@sics.se> on 2006/03/07 13:25:50 UTC

ActiveSOAP & XFire

Hi,

Another question I have is that both ActiveSOAP and XFire are used
within ServiceMix, why both of them?  As I understand it,
WS-Notification is implemented using ActiveSOAP, while WS-Security is
implemented for XFire, so in order to use them I have to use both
ActiveSOAP and XFire. Is that correct? This seems rather strange to me.
I guess there is some good reason for this.

/Tomas

Re: ActiveSOAP & XFire

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The servicemix-wsn2005 engine does not use soap at all.
You may want to use an http+soap binding component if you
want to use it from external web services.

I recommend using servicemix-http component (which does not use
ActiveSOAP nor XFire) as this is the only http binding that implements
ws-addressing currently.  Both work very well together.

ActiveSOAP and XFire are used as binding components in lightweight
components,
and XFire is used as a service engine in servicemix-jsr181.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet