Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/13 01:16:32 UTC

Custom topic metadata

Hello Apache Kafka Community,

Is it possible to store and retrieve additional custom topic metadata along
with existing Kafka managed ones, using some Kafka API? If not would it be
a problem (e.g. for Kafka broker or some client APIs) if I was to
store/retrieve additional custom topic metadata using ZooKeeper API?

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.

Re: Custom topic metadata

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
Storing topic metadata in kafka brokers can be done in the same way as the
offsets topic in kafka I  think. It would be a good point for discussion.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--
-Regards,