Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Cuprak <50...@corpmail.kodak.com> on 2002/10/11 15:33:11 UTC

Error message - not sure of meaning or significance.

Hello,
Just curious if anyone knows what these errors are:
09:30:24,205 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] PropertyMessageResources -
-Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
09:30:24,205 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] PropertyMessageResources -
-Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
09:30:24,205 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] PropertyMessageResources -
-Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
09:30:24,658 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] PropertyMessageResources -
-Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
09:30:24,658 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] PropertyMessageResources -
-Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true

  BTW: How do I get exception traces for servlet errors. I am trying to
track down a "servlet exception" in one of my tiles - all I get on the
page is a "servlet exception and the path to the tile (jsp page).
Looking through the logs in jboss I don't see any exception trace. I am
not sure if the above error is related.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Re: Error message - not sure of meaning or significance.

Posted by Ryan Cuprak <50...@corpmail.kodak.com>.
Ok,
  I pegged down the problem, the tile I was referencing was
'loginBody.jsp' whereas the tiles:put used "LoginBody.jsp". Normally, I
try to avoid mismatch in case (cause of linux/unix platforms except
MacOS X). What's interesting, is that this did not crop up until I
tried running my code on XP as opposed to MacOS X (which I had been) -
weird.... (I did grab a new copy of the struts 1.1 beta... )
  I did wrap the tiles:put in a try catch - evidently however things are
being done internally my try/catch never catches the servlet exception.
-Ryan
As for exception traces/system.outs - I use them all of the time
although I have begun moving towards log4j. I can't wait for Apple to
release the 1.4 so I have that built-in logging.

BTW: [OT] checkout: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/