Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2020/04/01 03:04:40 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.0.0.

The vote is open until 11:59pm Pacific time Fri Apr 3 , and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-rc1 (commit 6550d0d5283efdbbd838f3aeaf0476c7f52a0fb1):

https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-rc1

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-bin/

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1341/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-docs/

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.5 can be found at the following URL:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12339177

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.0.0-rc1.

=========================

How can I help test this release?

=========================

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking

an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then

reporting any regressions.

If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install

the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala

you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test

with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so

you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.0.0?

The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.0.0 can be found at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.0

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug

fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should

be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an

appropriate release.

==================

But my bug isn't fixed?

==================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the

release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous

release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression

that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to

help target the issue.

Note: I fully expect this RC to fail.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

I filed SPARK-31257 as a blocker, and now others start to agree that it's a
critical issue which should be dealt before releasing Spark 3.0. Please
refer recent comments in https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/28026

It won't delay the release pretty much, as we can either revert
SPARK-30098, or turn on legacy config by default. That's just a matter of
choice, doesn't require huge effort.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Also, I think the 3.0 release had better to include all the SQL document
updates:

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:36 AM Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (If it wasn't stated explicitly, yeah I think we knew there are a few
> important unresolved issues and that this RC was going to fail. Let's
> all please test anyway of course, to flush out any additional issues,
> rather than wait. Pipelining and all that.)
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:31 AM Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > -1 (non-binding)
> >
> > The problem of compatibility with Spark 2.4 in reading/writing
> dates/timestamps hasn't been solved completely so far. In particular, the
> sub-task https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-31328 hasn't
> resolved yet.
> >
> > Maxim Gekk
> >
> > Software Engineer
> >
> > Databricks, Inc.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.invalid>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> -1 (non-binding)
> >>
> >> I agree with Jungtaek. The change to create datasource tables instead
> of Hive tables by default (no USING or STORED AS clauses) has created
> confusing behavior and should either be rolled back or fixed before 3.0.

---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Maxim Gekk <ma...@databricks.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
-1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@gmail.com>.
-0.5, mostly because this requires extra things not in the default
packaging...

But if you add the hadoop-aws libraries and dependencies to Spark built
with Hadoop 3, things don't work:

$ ./bin/spark-shell --jars s3a://blah
20/04/10 16:28:32 WARN Utils: Your hostname, vanzin-t480 resolves to a
loopback address: 127.0.1.1; using 192.168.2.14 instead (on interface
wlp3s0)
20/04/10 16:28:32 WARN Utils: Set SPARK_LOCAL_IP if you need to bind
to another address
20/04/10 16:28:32 WARN NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
applicable
20/04/10 16:28:32 WARN MetricsConfig: Cannot locate configuration:
tried hadoop-metrics2-s3a-file-system.properties,hadoop-metrics2.properties
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.lookupPassword(S3AUtils.java:816)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.lookupPassword(S3AUtils.java:792)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.getAWSAccessKeys(S3AUtils.java:747)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.SimpleAWSCredentialsProvider.<init>(SimpleAWSCredentialsProvider.java:58)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AUtils.createAWSCredentialProviderSet(S3AUtils.java:600)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.initialize(S3AFileSystem.java:260)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:3303)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:124)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:3352)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:3320)
        at
org.apache.spark.deploy.DependencyUtils$.resolveGlobPath(DependencyUtils.scala:191)

That's because Hadoop 3.2 is using Guava 27 and Spark still ships Guava 14
(which is ok for Hadoop 2).

Marcelo Vanzin
vanzin@gmail.com
"Life's too short to drink cheap beer"

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing the blockers, Wenchen. SPARK-31404 has sub-tasks, hence
that means all sub-tasks are blockers for this release, do I understand
that correctly?

Xiao, I sincerely respect the practice the Spark community has been done,
so please treat it as 2 cents. Just would like to see the way how the
community could focus on the such huge release - even only counting bugs +
improvement + new features, nearly 2000 issues has been resolved "only" in
Spark 3.0.0. The volume seems to be quite different from usual bugfix and
minor releases which feels that special cares are needed.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any new features/functions for these blockers.

For SPARK-31257 (which is filed and marked as a blocker from me), I agree
unifying create table syntax shouldn't be a blocker for Spark 3.0.0, as
that is a new feature, but even we put the proposal aside, the problem
remains the same and I think it's still a blocker.

We have a discussion thread for SPARK-31257 - let's revive the thread if we
wouldn't be able to adopt proposed solution in Spark 3.0.0.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf1acfaaa3de2d3129575199c28e7d529d38f2783e7d3c5be2ac8923d%40%3Cdev.spark.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>.
That is a very unusual practice...

On 1 Apr 2020, at 3:32 pm, Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

These are release candidates, not the final release, so they won't be published to Maven Central. The naming matches what the final release would be.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:25 PM Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.invalid>> wrote:
Furthermore, the spark jars in these bundles all look like release versions:

[scoy@Steves-Core-i9 spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2]$ ls -l jars/spark-*
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  9261223 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-catalyst_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  9720421 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-core_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   430854 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-graphx_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  2076394 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-hive-thriftserver_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   690789 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-hive_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   369189 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-kubernetes_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    59870 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-kvstore_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    75930 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-launcher_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   294692 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-mesos_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   111915 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-mllib-local_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  5884976 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-mllib_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  2397168 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-network-common_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    87065 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-network-shuffle_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    52605 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-repl_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    30347 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-sketch_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  7092213 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-sql_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff  1137675 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-streaming_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff     9049 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-tags_2.12-3.0.0-tests.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    15149 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-tags_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff    51089 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-unsafe_2.12-3.0.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@ 1 scoy  staff   329764 31 Mar 20:55 jars/spark-yarn_2.12-3.0.0.jar

At least they have not yet shown up on Maven Central…

Steve C

On 1 Apr 2020, at 3:18 pm, Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>> wrote:

The download artifacts are all seem to have the “RC1” missing from their names.

e.g. spark-3.0.0-bin-hadoop3.2.tgz

Cheers,

Steve C

On 1 Apr 2020, at 2:04 pm, Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>> wrote:

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.0.0.

The vote is open until 11:59pm Pacific time Fri Apr 3, and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fspark.apache.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423886406&sdata=rVywv8sb4hqW%2FgFseP6egtqzNSpNffJusKGWjglIHdc%3D&reserved=0>

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-rc1 (commit 6550d0d5283efdbbd838f3aeaf0476c7f52a0fb1):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-rc1<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fspark%2Ftree%2Fv3.0.0-rc1&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423896399&sdata=TDvDduu8d20ZK%2BqPci%2FpA4Q66UE2QNb%2Fban%2B%2F9rEWZI%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-bin/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-bin%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423896399&sdata=Z9MSP0eEEUQQxHSOWaxHFujIUfOeEKtM%2Foj5tHBaGAg%3D&reserved=0>

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2FKEYS&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423906398&sdata=vSjfuyO0uhm8ueWXRyLESjvTPcNF5k6EJpJq7YRIZfY%3D&reserved=0>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1341/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frepository.apache.org%2Fcontent%2Frepositories%2Forgapachespark-1341%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423916392&sdata=HaxRHZjNnxv%2F9%2Fkrky9SUQgLe4A%2FegPCRTu6fQub378%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-docs/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-docs%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423916392&sdata=7pyejBqRh9xYZoqK0cT4UlX9kzwgDPxuBqaXUFKYXf4%3D&reserved=0>

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.5 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12339177<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK%2Fversions%2F12339177&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423926387&sdata=1mHlIyBbFhyGfaLRF4%2BkPQipLUScclwUKniTZnok0l8%3D&reserved=0>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7C73b1b90ae82843b4ebad08d7d5f5aab6%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213123423936381&sdata=9i4GZxtEkNXW6Xc2027XcYTGMU7KZim46%2Bv%2FztTO0tk%3D&reserved=0> and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.0

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug
fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should
be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an
appropriate release.

==================
But my bug isn't fixed?
==================
In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the
release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous
release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression
that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to
help target the issue.

Note: I fully expect this RC to fail.

This email contains confidential information of and is the copyright of Infomedia. It must not be forwarded, amended or disclosed without consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please advise the sender and delete all copies. Security of transmission on the internet cannot be guaranteed, could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted and you should ensure you have suitable antivirus protection in place. By sending us your or any third party personal details, you consent to (or confirm you have obtained consent from such third parties) to Infomedia’s privacy policy. http://www.infomedia.com.au/privacy-policy/

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
The Apache Software Foundation requires voting before any release can be published.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
You just mvn -DskipTests install the source release. That is the primary
artifact we're testing. But yes you could put the jars in your local repo
too.
I think this is pretty standard practice. Obviously the RC can't be
published as "3.0.0". It can be published as "3.0.0-rc1" but how do we test

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>.
[...]

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fspark.apache.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147450885&sdata=uNMU5zofa%2FIJb4PYu0wBaG2%2FOMxeP1kKkDTsPCz4HWg%3D&reserved=0>

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-rc1 (commit 6550d0d5283efdbbd838f3aeaf0476c7f52a0fb1):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-rc1<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fspark%2Ftree%2Fv3.0.0-rc1&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147460879&sdata=gYnktFn6exFW83IhnIBD%2FMbDrvh%2FM1VWv%2FtKcSM2YfY%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-bin/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-bin%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147460879&sdata=E%2BK0RAomOP2ytZfGYCJN3%2BhICjPHKHMJPQDbaqAY%2FKA%3D&reserved=0>

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2FKEYS&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147470878&sdata=F7e8%2FfnnO95wl%2Bvok1sYHMYT%2BMMN1UWASwJdAcEU71s%3D&reserved=0>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1341/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frepository.apache.org%2Fcontent%2Frepositories%2Forgapachespark-1341%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147480872&sdata=cQknf8SIPVQdT0wuEo%2FzAxtqWv1km4H80o%2FPQOyjXtk%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-docs/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-docs%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147480872&sdata=UH8EXq7xpAfoS5VBCAOFs%2BKvItldRMck9glCvJe%2B%2Bvk%3D&reserved=0>

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.5 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12339177<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK%2Fversions%2F12339177&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147490870&sdata=yPRUZsz366KW%2BA8Oej4kIAa1LDjWlDOvEPPugWdmdtU%3D&reserved=0>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Cef53a46c6f004248f97f08d7d5f7ee18%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213133147500869&sdata=iHaNUPUU0wzuyPJOUzC50YNa6umJ2rWaEx1XilIn8Fw%3D&reserved=0> and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.0

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Stephen Coy <sc...@infomedia.com.au.INVALID>.
[...]

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fspark.apache.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164168186&sdata=y2fnxx86YjHyz%2B1X9ucAnqWhyV3dnu6n5sJJ2L%2F3m48%3D&reserved=0>

The tag to be voted on is v3.0.0-rc1 (commit 6550d0d5283efdbbd838f3aeaf0476c7f52a0fb1):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.0.0-rc1<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fspark%2Ftree%2Fv3.0.0-rc1&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164178182&sdata=OI0kc2UHa6XDdvEOgt08uATBzxyaMfdYpJ8usYZGu8E%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-bin/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-bin%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164188174&sdata=X%2BJcbfoClc4W86sP1mTsr%2BBX5JYu4gOphjRZo6FU7CI%3D&reserved=0>

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2FKEYS&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164188174&sdata=ojPexcunLlaJIVg83eRmBgJlZuMYpQgoQDJ%2FO0nDAzM%3D&reserved=0>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1341/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frepository.apache.org%2Fcontent%2Frepositories%2Forgapachespark-1341%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164198167&sdata=tI64N8fQDvYgKpIwgG63ejIy83cJ2JMxS%2FRDzwVICCk%3D&reserved=0>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.0.0-rc1-docs/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdist.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fdist%2Fdev%2Fspark%2Fv3.0.0-rc1-docs%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164208162&sdata=52iuWRpJknV0urG4xbGNt10YKzm40AJxaswhJP8SpFU%3D&reserved=0>

The list of bug fixes going into 2.4.5 can be found at the following URL:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK/versions/12339177<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK%2Fversions%2F12339177&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164208162&sdata=eAeqs8a%2B3vHNZw7Ch4H3TO7e1b97NkTRqey7T0SPHXE%3D&reserved=0>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fprojects%2FSPARK&data=02%7C01%7Cscoy%40infomedia.com.au%7Ca699219dc79a46d4fd1508d7d5f3be8a%7C45d5407150f849caa59f9457123dc71c%7C0%7C0%7C637213115164218155&sdata=xYJ60oTePz50pgvcJgiCeEIfsXv5ZE22x0vFFbkTYcw%3D&reserved=0> and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.0.0

Re: [VOTE] Apache Spark 3.0.0 RC1