Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by br...@paraware.com on 2002/10/30 21:05:35 UTC

finding log4j.properties on classpath with WSAD 4.03, Websphere 4.03 and EJB

If I understand notes from Ceki correctly,  I should be able to place
log4J.jar in a directory in my EAR file along with log4J.properties and
specify these both the jar file and directory in my manifest of the EAR.

I thought log4j looked anywhere in the classpath.  Which classpath does it
look in?  Does it only look in the classpath where it was loaded?  If so,
shouldn't if find the log4j.properties?

I have log4j.jar in the lib directory of my EAR and log4j.properties in
the same location.  These values are specified in the application project.

I've set the module dependencies on the web app to point to the log4j.jar
as well as the myprojEJB.jar files.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the log.  It consistently says there
are no appenders.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get WTE or Websphere to
find the log4j properties file?

Brian