Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org> on 2015/01/12 09:36:52 UTC

[compress] ConcurrentJarCreator

We had somewhat of a discussion regarding this class on the maven dev
list over the weekend, some people wanted this code inside
commons-compress:

Code is here: https://github.com/krosenvold/plexus-archiver/blob/2.x/src/main/java/org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/zip/ConcurrentJarCreator.java

I have been thinking a little about this, and my personal preference
is maybe it would be better for a subsequent release; I think it
probably belongs in c-c. But I also think the exact api of this class
is still a bit immature, and it will probably evolve a fair bit more
as I take full consequence of the new api inside maven code. I'm sure
ant code would have the same challenges.

We could of course add it with a huge warning about unstable api etc.
the "problem" right now is that the code in c-c is more like a
low-level toolbox. The knowledge of how to create a final well-formed
jar file is inside ConcurrentJarCreator.

Kristian

Re: [ALL] JIRA permissions for Kristian Rosenvold

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.
Sorry; all is ok. The asf jira has a slightly different config than
the one I'm used to.

Kristian

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 January 2015 at 09:13, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 23/01/2015 09:10, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Wrong Mark.

Not according to JIRA, see for example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/VALIDATOR/roles

But that is presumably only listing project admins?

> I've just added Kristian to the Committer, Contributor, Developer and
> User roles for the Commons Category (which should include all Commons
> components).

What karma is needed to update the Commons Category?
Obviously that would be a lot easier than updating each project
separately (which I suspect many of us have karma for).

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-01-23, luc wrote:

> Le 2015-01-23 04:00, sebb a écrit :
>> On 22 January 2015 at 23:55, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, I don't have administration rights on our JIRA
> project.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/COMPRESS/roles

is what I used, so maybe you just don't know about you power? :-)

Stefan

Re: [ALL] JIRA permissions for Kristian Rosenvold

Posted by luc <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Le 2015-01-23 04:00, sebb a écrit :
> On 22 January 2015 at 23:55, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 20 January 2015 at 16:26, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what you are missing, but I am sure I cannot provide it
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> JIRA Admins for Commons are Phil, Luc and Mark Struberg.

As far as I know, I don't have administration rights on our JIRA
project.

Luc

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [compress] ConcurrentJarCreator

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org>.
Yup I'm done, added a small blurb in changes.xml in r1653282.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.