Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/02/24 14:25:35 UTC

[Facelets] deploying "old" Facelets templates with MyFaces 2

Again...

MYFACES-2543

*snip*
If the answer to this question is "no", Facelets in JSF 2.0 is
backwards compatible with pre-JSF 2.0 Facelets and such an application
must not continue to bundle the Facelets jar file along with the
application, and must not continue to set the Facelets configuration
parameters.
*snip*

So, this is actually blocking a reasonable use-case. Please keep the
bug open ;-)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Facelets] deploying "old" Facelets templates with MyFaces 2

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
can you try, now ?

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ganesh

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
but... the spec *clearly* says that if you extend from OLD facelet classes,
you have to have to ship it.

Posted by Ganesh <ga...@j4fry.org>.
Hi Leo,

Did you check the solution I proposed?

Best regards,
Ganesh

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Note that this behavior implies that all applications that are using JSP and
are upgraded to JSF 2.0 needs to add
javax.faces.DISABLE_FACELET_JSF_VIEWHANDLER to work correctly, otherwise if
the parser reads a "bad" facelet taglib file it could throw
ClassXXXExceptions. I would like to prevent that.

And the code on ViewDeclarationLanguageFactoryImpl does not take into
consideration the trinidad + facelets ViewHandler config style (check for
class to know if facelets is on is a bad idea).

In few words, we have to solve MYFACES-2564 too.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

The code reverted on MYFACES-2564 needs to be applied too, but care must be
taken into account

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi