Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Stover, Michael" <Mi...@usa.xerox.com> on 2002/05/06 16:19:26 UTC

http proxy server

I experimented with the proxy server over the weekend some - trying to
figure out why some sites just don't work with it.  I was unsuccessful.
There are 3 sites I know of that don't work  -

www.livingwithoutmicrosoft.org
hometown.aol.ca
www.sourceforge.net (some pages work, some don't)

I also banged against many other sites, such as jakarta, bugzilla, tvguide,
yahoo, kuro5hin - these all worked fine.

I'm a bit stumped by this, since the proxy server simply passes on, byte for
byte, the stream received from the client.  These non-working servers all
respond with the same message - 404, requested resource was not found on
this server.  I'm not an expert in these matters by any stretch of the
imagination, so if anyone out there has a clue on why this is happening, or
on where I can go to get help, I'd appreciate it.

-Mike