Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jchappelle <jc...@4redi.com> on 2014/10/20 06:01:30 UTC

Install/Setup page with Spring

This isn't a wicket problem but a general question to the community related
to wicket and spring.

We have a properties file that has configurations for 3 separate datasources
and a couple of other things like license keys that are used by spring to
configure the application and create the datasources. When our app is
launched for the first time it would be great to give our team a setup page
that allows them to fill out a form with this information because if
something is mistyped in the properties file then it requires a restart
after fixing it.

The problem is that we use the ContextLoaderListener to startup our spring
context so everything has to be set up ahead of time.

Have any of you written something like this for your applications? If so it
would be great if you could share with me your experience and give some
pointers on how to achieve this.

Thanks