Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Pablo <pa...@eneris.com> on 2001/04/20 10:38:36 UTC

SSL and client authentication doesn't work

Hi all!

This is quite a long post...

I'm having a lot of trouble to set up ssl and client authentication. I
was getting a lot of "untrusted ..." but after reading that great html
document posted a couple of days those messages are over. I'm now
getting:

"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.net.SocketException:
Broken pipe: Broken pipe"

"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.io.IOException:
Broken pipe"

I don't think this is really a ssl issue but I wonder what is the
reason. If I just disable client authentication everything goes smoothly
but when I turn it on just gives that exception.

I have the following:

Server:
    -running orion server for linux with ssl enabled (working)
    -Key pair for server is certificated from Thawte (test certificate)
    -Root certificate from Thawte is imported in the cacerts master file
    -key pair from client (also certificated from Thawte) is imported in
    server keystore

Client: (running in another computer)
    -running IBM java
    -key pair certificated
    -server certificate added in keystore
    -root certificate from Thawte added in master cacerts

I think that adding the root certificate from the CA should be enough
and then the certificate from the another party should not be used at
all, but this doesn't work, although I don't receive any untrusted sth
errors.

Am I missing something? Any help will be very much appreciated!

    Pablo