Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/26 20:03:59 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.0 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Cassandra version 4.0.0.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right
choice when you need scalability and high availability without
compromising performance.

http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are available in our
download section:

http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is the initial release in the 4.0 series. As always,
please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
were to encounter any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: CHANGES.txt
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-4.0.0
[2]: NEWS.txt https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-4.0.0
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.0 released

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.
Whoo hoo!  Looking forward to trying it out!

-Joe

Posted by Joe Obernberger <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Scott <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Scott!

We installed over on top of 3.11 and it's working fine.  Easy non-upgrade path :)

Thanks again,

Adam

Posted by Scott Andreas <sc...@paradoxica.net>.

Posted by Adam Scott <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Brandon!

Posted by Laxmikant Upadhyay <la...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to all :)

Posted by Aaron Ploetz <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Armel Luce <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all !!!

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.
Thank you to all of those that contributed and helped out :-)

Posted by Berenguer Blasi <be...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all! Amazing :-)

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Congrats !!!