Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Craig McMillon <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/20 00:09:07 UTC

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl

I'm new to this so maybe what I'm about to say is
incorrect. If so please attempt to correct me if
possible.

Is it possible for me to select which version of perl
I use when building modperl? If so how would I do
that? Could I do this via the makefile?

Also I'm not attempting to install a binary version of
modperl I've downloaded the apache and modperl tar
files and was attempting to build it myself. That's
when I get the: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl"
error.

clm

Re: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Craig McMillon wrote:
> I'm new to this so maybe what I'm about to say is
> incorrect. If so please attempt to correct me if
> possible.

You shouldn't worry about that part, we are a friendly casper list. Just try
to give us more context when asking questions in the future.

> Is it possible for me to select which version of perl
> I use when building modperl? If so how would I do
> that? Could I do this via the makefile?

that's the executable that you use to run 'Makefile.PL'

perl-foo Makefile.PL ...
perl-bar Makefile.PL ...

> Also I'm not attempting to install a binary version of
> modperl I've downloaded the apache and modperl tar
> files and was attempting to build it myself. That's
> when I get the: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl"
> error.

yes, yes, now we know ;)