Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/04/14 05:56:23 UTC

Organization of our spiffy new ADF Faces Subversion Repository

Good news!  The repository for ADF Faces has been set up, and Adam and John
have had their new accounts created.  We need to discuss one more detail
before we get started committing the code and hacking on it -- the overall
organization of the repository.

The standard docs on SVN ("Version Control With Subversion")[1] recommends,
in its discussion of directory layout[2], the convention of establishing
"trunk", "tags", and "branches" subdirectories under the root directory.
This makes it easy to create tags or branches (although the definitions here
are soft ... Subversion treats them pretty much the same) without disrupting
any activity that is happening on the trunk.  I recommend that we follow the
same structure here, in case we decide to propose some interim "incubating
releases" before the ADF Faces codebase gets merged into the MyFaces
repository.

In anticipation of lazy consensus, I'll go ahead and create the three
subdirectories (this can be undone if people object).  Once that is done,
the place to commit the initial sources will become:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/adffaces/trunk

Craig

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/index.html
[2]
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.projects.html#svn.reposadmin.projects.chooselayout

Re: Organization of our spiffy new ADF Faces Subversion Repository

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
+1;  that's what we do internally, and it works very well.

-- Adam

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Interesting. We haven't done this so far, but could be nice.

/home/...

would be correct for this, IMHO.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Organization of our spiffy new ADF Faces Subversion Repository

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> So, where should such a personal branch be created?
>
> Suggestions:
>   /branches/jfallows-feature-abc/
>   /home/jfallows/feature-abc/

Interesting point. I just created that guy:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/adffaces/branches/matzew-mock-overhaul/

> tc,
> -john.
> --
> http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044
> Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: Organization of our spiffy new ADF Faces Subversion Repository

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress