Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/02/26 05:47:57 UTC

[digester] lowering logging level of a couple of messages...

Would anyone have any complaints if I lowered the logging level of the
current "startDocument()" and "endDocument()" messages? Right now
commons-logger defaults to SimpleLog with INFO which means anything that
uses a digester always gets start/endDocument() messages appearing which
don't add much value and tend to clutter the screen.

I'd like to lower it to DEBUG. Any complaints?

James

Re: [digester] lowering logging level of a couple of messages...

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, James Strachan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:47:57 -0000
> From: James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [digester] lowering logging level of a couple of messages...
>
> Would anyone have any complaints if I lowered the logging level of the
> current "startDocument()" and "endDocument()" messages? Right now
> commons-logger defaults to SimpleLog with INFO which means anything that
> uses a digester always gets start/endDocument() messages appearing which
> don't add much value and tend to clutter the screen.
>
> I'd like to lower it to DEBUG. Any complaints?

+1.

Running the HEAD branch of Tomcat 4 (which uses Digester to parse
server.xml, web.xml, and TLD files) creates an impressive amount of
useless output with the current defaults.

> James

Craig