Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/11/09 15:47:12 UTC

kafka.consumers Java Package

I was trying to move some of our Kafka client code from
kafka_2.11_0.10.2.2 to kafka_2.11_2.0.0.  However, we have some code that
uses code in the kafka.consumer package.  That appears to be either moved
or removed from kafka_2.11_2.0.0.  Is it gone or moved?

Thanks!

Chris

Re: kafka.consumers Java Package

Posted by Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com>.
Thank you!

Chris

From:   Eric Azama <ea...@gmail.com>
To:     users@kafka.apache.org
Date:   11/09/2018 12:27 PM
Subject:        Re: kafka.consumers Java Package

The kafka.consumer package was the old scala consumer. The upgrade notes
<
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#upgrade
> indicate that they were
deprecated in 0.11 and removed in 2.0