Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/23 04:32:55 UTC

Re: Nightly Builds: Axis C++ build in Linux is now very simple

I think the whole idea of these changes was to move towards
"./configure;make;make install" triple.

In this way users/developers would not have to use automake tools.

However, inorder to achive this, I think a nigtly build should be made available which is packaged
using 'make dist' on a regular basis, so that users/developers could use it with a simplified,
standard Unix like build process.

In case of releases, we could use 'make dist' and ship the configure file only, and not the other
automake related files.

Thanks,
Samisa...