Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by garry espe <ga...@chsinc.com> on 2006/06/09 23:56:11 UTC

binary distribution woes, websphere 5.1

All right.  I admit defeat.  I have spent hours stretching into days trying to
get the binary distribution of slide.war working on websphere 5.1.  The slide
server starts fine, and I can see the  file system using my desktop Win XP's "My
Network Places" mapping technique.  I am simply unable to copy a file to any of
the directories -- files/, workspace/, and so on.  The slide.log file offers
Servlet.Engine.Transports : 0, 09-Jun-2006 14:57:59, unauthenticated, PUT, 403
"Forbidden", 15 ms, /

I have configured the application to use the PARENT_LAST value for the
classloader  mode, and to use APPLICATION for the WAR classloader policy.
Following the jakarta slide guidelines, I have set authentication to false in
the slide.properties file, and I have made sure these elements are commented out:
/web-app/security-constraint and /web-app/login-config

I have even tried to turn authentication on, and the results are the same.
Moreover I am not prompted to supply an ID and password.

I am missing something simple, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garry

Re: binary distribution woes, websphere 5.1

Posted by Maƫl Villat <ma...@net2000.ch>.
I believe that the ACLs are wrong. You should log in as root and try to look
at the permission, you can use DavExplorer for example.

In the file that describe your directory "/store/metadata/files.def.xml" for
example, you have to put something like that:
<permissions>

<permission subjectUri="unauthenticated" actionUri="/actions/write"
inheritable="true" negative="false" />

</permissions>

Furthermore, you have to put the following permission on the root element
(in .def.xml) you can also use DavExplorer:

<permission subjectUri="unauthenticated" actionUri="/actions/read"
inheritable="false" negative="false" />

Good luck!