Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/12/02 03:27:31 UTC

Re: Is it possible to pass parameters to the If listener ?

Cosmin Bucur <coszminb <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't see a "parameters" parameter , like in most other components
> with a listener parameter ?
>
> can this be done some other way for the  <at> If ?

Even though I don't understand why someone would need a listener
for the If component, you can have something like:

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Is it possible to pass parameters to the If listener ?

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
I guess he means something else, which is the listener embedded in the
if component.
I guess also you don"t need any parameters there, beacuase the listener
can get all the information from the current state of the
component/object. the listener is not deferred, and thus will be called
just before the rendering of the if. any parameter you could gain access
to any parameter the if could have accessed.
The only use I could think of using such a parameter is if you want to
use the same listener for several if's.
so don"t :)
Cheers,
Ron