Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2002/11/19 21:58:01 UTC

How can I write a DOMDocument faster?

I am using the following code to write a DOMDocument to disk.  It is taking a very long time to write (a 13KB file is taking about 2.5 minutes) and it is driving my hard drive crazy (it is constantly doing something).

I obviously am doing something wrong here, can someone point me in the right direction?

LocalFileFormatTarget* pXMLFormatTarget;

DOMImplementation* pDOMImplementation = DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(L"LS");
if (!pDOMImplementation)
	return false;

DOMWriter* pDOMWriter = ((DOMImplementationLS*)pDOMImplementation)->createDOMWriter();
if (!pDOMWriter)
	return false;

pXMLFormatTarget = new LocalFileFormatTarget( m_strTargetSpec );

if (!(pDOMWriter->writeNode(pXMLFormatTarget, *pDomDocument)))
	return false;

pDOMWriter->release();

-dh