Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2022/04/21 00:53:47 UTC

Mifos Initiative seeking Technical Writer for 2022 Google Season of Docs Project

The Mifos Initiative is excited to have been selected for the second time
to participate in Google's Season of Docs.

As you've seen with all the progress and momentum on list going into the
recent and forthcoming releases, Mifos, in coordination with its customers
and their committment to contribute their enhancements into the upstream
repositories, has been able to introduce some immensely valuable
scalability and maintainability enhancements across the platform and
community collaboration infrastructure.

Our Season of Docs
<https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/participants> project
aims to build upon the documentation our developers have been including
with these major changes. The project, which we have received a grant to
hire a technical writer for, Update Platform and Collaboration
Documentation for Launch of Mifos X 3.0, will be a nice complement to last
year's Season of Docs project and the current work Aleks has been leading
to automate ASCII document generation with each release.  The project will
commence in mid-June and needs to be completed by late October.

The need and scope of the project is fully outlined at:
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/RES/pages/3038248961/Season+of+Docs+-+2022#proposal

We welcome any technical writers in the community to apply and highly
encourage you to forward this opportunity to anyone in your network who
might be a good fit.

Please include your resume/CV and links to your portfolio and/or two
writing samples.

Applications are due by May 1.

Thanks,

*Ed Cable*