Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Nancy Estrada <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/29 16:50:25 UTC

Flink Docker Kubernetes Gitlab CI CDeployment

Hi all,

Has someone successfully run Flink jobs with this type of setup (Gitlab CI
CD and Kubernetes)?

Since Flink jobs can’t be dockerized and deployed in a natural way as part
of the container (according to Flip-6) I am not very sure of how is the best
way of doing this.

We are thinking of having 3 Docker files:  One for the Job manager, one for
the Task Manager, and one for a container that will submit the jars and
properties File to the Job Manager. With this setup we can still use the
official Flink Docker images, and we can automatically  generate the third
Docker file with the project specific tasks. This setup allows to have
Continuous deployment. However, it implies that we will have a new Flink
cluster every time there is a new code version.

What do you think of this set up? Has someone implemented something similar?
Is there any documentation about Flink-Gitlab-CI-CD-Kubernetes?

Thank you very much,
Nancy

Re: Flink Docker Kubernetes Gitlab CI CDeployment

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nancy,

there is no documentation on a Gitlab Ci integration with a K8s deployment
available.

But I'm pretty sure you can deploy Flink using docker containers (check
this out: http://flink.apache.org/news/2017/05/16/official-docker-image.html
)
I'm CCing Patrick, he has some experience deploying Flink in these
environments.