Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/16 16:08:29 UTC

Hive Query Questions - is null in WHERE

All,

When a query is executed like the below

    select field1 from table1 where field1 is null;

I am getting the results which have empty values or nulls in field1. How does is null work in Hive queries.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Hive Query Questions - is null in WHERE

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks. It worked for me now when i use it as an empty string.

For string columns, null will be interpreted as an empty string and for others, it will be interpreted as null...

Posted by Krishnan K <kk...@gmail.com>.