Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Powel Crosley <pc...@crosley.co.nz> on 2000/07/21 00:44:50 UTC

jk_nt_service error

Greetings,

I've got a basic Tomcat setup (v3.1 w/ Apache 3.12) on NT and edited the
wrapp.properties to reflect my Tomcat Home and Java Home (1.2.2).

When I run jk_nt_service I just get a cryptic message that Tomcat (my
serviece name) could not start but no message returned.

Can't see anything in the event log.

How do I debug the error?

Powel Crosley

Crosley Consultants
PO Box 846
Dunedin

pcrosley@crosley.co.nz
+64 (03) 477 3596
+64 (03) 477 3597 Facsimile

Re: jk_nt_service error

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
James Zhan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody point me what's wrong with my configuration?
> I couldn't make jk_nt_service run. The following is the error
> mesaage
> ------
> java.lang.Exception:
>  Can't open config file: E:\tomcat\e:\tomcat\conf\server.xml
>  due to: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>  E:\tomcat\e:\tomcat\conf\server.xml (The filename, directory name,
>         or volume label syntax is incorrect)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:214)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:110)
>  at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)
> ----------
>
> I don't know why the e:\tomcat doubles in the path. Here is my
> wrapper.properties

I don't think it should ahve made a problem, but you should not
have changed
wrapper.javabin,wrapper.server_xml

these were already (the commented ones) set properly before you
changed them, they are prefixed with the appropriate information
through that $() macro.

Re: jk_nt_service error

Posted by James Zhan <zh...@cyberobject.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for all respond my questions!

I finally fix it, just change the original line
from
       #wrapper.server_xml=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\conf\server.xml
       wrapper.server_xml=\conf\server.xml

I really don't understand  the reason. The jk_nt_service works after
this change.
Maybe this is a bug of it.
BTW, I set the NT's enviroment variable TOMCAT_HOME=e:\tomcat

Here appends my wrapper.properties file again.

Thanks you  all again.

Re: jk_nt_service error

Posted by Fritz Thielemann <ft...@stahlnetz.com>.
Hi James,