Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Heidi Dehaes <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/24 12:23:14 UTC

showing digital products after being bought

 Hello,

When i want to show the digital products someone has bought, onto my screen,
what do i have to do?

I see digitalproductlist.ftl and digitalproductedit.ftl are part of
/applications/ecommerce/widget/Customerscreens.xml

and are not part of the standard
/applications/ecommerce/widget/Commonscreens.xml which is called in main.ftl
after index.jsp is called.

Is it only foreseen that an e-shop for digital products is a separate shop
than the one for normal products, or can we mix them?

How and where to call then Customerscreens.xml?

regards,
Heidi

Re: showing digital products after being bought

Posted by Heidi Dehaes <in...@gmail.com>.
Yes ok i saw it very shortly.

But in reality it doesn't function well in my production site of ofbiz4.0.

Have there been any updates for it?

regards,
Heidi

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The screen actually does exist. Look at the bottom of the order
history screen. The screen def and template files should be the most
helpful there. You should be able to see it functioning by ordering
the Digital Gizmo and then go to that page to download the digital
file associated with it.

The download event is even in place that checks order history and then
streams the binary file down.

-David

On Jan 26, 2009, at 5:40 AM, Heidi Dehaes wrote:

> Thank you very much.
>
> The tool is very interesting.
>
> And the creation of the screens you describe will be very usefull.
>
> I only thought that these screens were used in the ecommerce
> application
> showing the digital product to download when the digital product is
> bought
> and payed.
> But that is not the case  i think.
>
> I will test the digital product functionality in version 4.0 and i
> hope it
> works so i can implement it.
>
> thanks,
> Heidi Dehaes
> www.olagos.eu
>
> 2009/1/24 BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>

>> another approach is to do a list of order Items that are digital
>> item,
>> then iterate through them and find the parties that ordered them
>> this would give a display of the item and all the customers that
>> ordered
>> it.
>>
>> BJ Freeman sent the following on 1/24/2009 3:42 AM:
>>> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
>>> is a great tool to find what and where something is used.
>>> Search Names/Locations:  and enter
>>> Customerscreens
>>> if you click on

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: showing digital products after being bought

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.