Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 23:38:18 UTC

Who creates job.jar?

Hi,

1 - Hadoop MR uses a job.jar used to execute MR. But who creates and when is
created this job.jar?

2 - This job.jar is only created at run time during the execution of an MR
task?

3 - It's created only 1 job.jar per MR execution?

Thanks
--
Pedro

Re: Who creates job.jar?

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@gmail.com>.
Pedro,

> I don't understand when you say "you" :). I've created the
> hadoop-0.20.2-dev-core.jar and hadoop-0.20.2-dev-examples.jar and none of
> them has the job.jar. I've also searched all hadoop directories, and none of
> them have the jar.

job.jar is a name given by the Map/Reduce framework to any jar that is
submitted with the map, reduce and other user classes. So, in your
case the examples.jar is submitted to the cluster as "job.jar". This
happens when the JobClient submits the job to the Map/Reduce cluster.

> - When the jar is created and it's exported?
>
> - What do you mean by aws?

Amazon web services - though for the purpose of this discussion, it is
immaterial on what platform Hadoop is running.

Thanks
hemanth

Re: How to get context in Close() method in hadoop Pipes

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
I'm not intimately familiar with pipes, but in the Java APIs, the
easiest thing to do is to capture a reference to the context in an
instance variable in the map() method and then use it in close(). The
instance is guaranteed to still be valid in close(). Hope this helps.

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

How to get context in Close() method in hadoop Pipes

Posted by Mohamed Riadh Trad <Mo...@inria.fr>.
Dear All;

Re: Who creates job.jar?

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
I have attached code for creating a Hadoop Jar - All you need to do is run
HadoopDeployer in the same environment
that your hadoop job runs as a local process (You did test your job in this
way - It jars everything in the class path except
jars you add to an excluded list because they are not needed (such as Junit)
or already in the path such as the hadoop jar.

Re: Who creates job.jar?

Posted by Kiyoshi Mizumaru <ki...@gmail.com>.

Re: Who creates job.jar?

Posted by welman Lu <we...@gmail.com>.
*job.jar* is used to encapsulate the program code you write by yourself.
It's not an automatic produced file, but you self should create it manually.

And of course you can use other names to call this jar file.

If you don't understand, you can learn to study the
hadoop-0.20.2-dev-examples.jar file.

Re: Who creates job.jar?

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.

--