Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amin Thakkar <am...@infopoint.co.ug> on 2005/03/01 20:37:53 UTC

[users@httpd] MySQL

Hi
I am sorry this question is out of Apache

Currently I am using FedoraCore 1 Linux with My SQL 3.23.58-4  now I want to
upgrade my MySQL to 4.1.10. I went MysQL site and I have found so many
version of MysQL. Can some one suggest me which ver is right for my system ?

      Linux (x86, glibc-2.2, static, gcc)

      Linux (S/390)

      Linux (IA64, glibc-2.3, dynamic, gcc)

      Linux (IA64, Red Hat AS 2.1, static, gcc)

      Linux (Alpha)

      Linux (IBM/Motorola PowerPC, IBM/POWER)

      Linux (AMD64, Intel EM64T, glibc-2.3, dynamic, gcc)

      Linux (Intel EM64T, glibc-2.3, dynamic, Intel C++ compiler 8.1,
requires the Intel icc shared libraries)

After installed new version it effact data ?

Amin

Re: [users@httpd] MySQL

Posted by dan <in...@hostinthebox.net>.
Amin Thakkar wrote:
> Hi
> I am sorry this question is out of Apache
>
> Currently I am using FedoraCore 1 Linux with My SQL 3.23.58-4  now I
> want to upgrade my MySQL to 4.1.10. I went MysQL site and I have found
> so many version of MysQL. Can some one suggest me which ver is right for
> my system ?
>
>      Linux (x86, glibc-2.2, static, gcc)
>
>      Linux (S/390)
>
>      Linux (IA64, glibc-2.3, dynamic, gcc)
>
>      Linux (IA64, Red Hat AS 2.1, static, gcc)
>
>      Linux (Alpha)
>
>      Linux (IBM/Motorola PowerPC, IBM/POWER)
>
>      Linux (AMD64, Intel EM64T, glibc-2.3, dynamic, gcc)
>
>      Linux (Intel EM64T, glibc-2.3, dynamic, Intel C++ compiler 8.1,
> requires the Intel icc shared libraries)
>

> After installed new version it effact data ?
>
> Amin

This message is way out of context for this list, but we'll go ahead and
answer it.

Are you on a 32bit or 64bit machine?  I'm going to suggest that you're
on a 32bit Intel machine, so Linux (x86, glibc-2.2, static, gcc) would
be your best bet, also based on which OS you said you were using.

There are several documents taht you can read to make sure the upgrade
goes as planned.  If you upgrade everything the "correct" way, your data
should be preserved.

Thanks
-dant

Re: [users@httpd] MySQL

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
what type of cpu do you have?
as far as i remember you will have to export all your tables, update mysql
and reimport the tables. be sure your software can work with the new
version, i think mysql uses an other type of authentication now, so you
might have trouble with your mysql-user accounts.
Ralf Glauberman