Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by John Prout <Jo...@acxiom.com> on 2016/02/10 02:49:35 UTC

Building the 0.9.0 branch

Folks

I am trying to work with the latest from the 0.9.0 branch (0.9.0.1-SNAPSHOT)

The build appears to have changed the Maven artifact which it produces, at least for the "core" part of the project

When I built about a week ago, the Artifact was org.apache.kafka:kafka_2.11:0.9.0.1-SNAPSHOT
Build which I made today produced kafka_2.10-0.9.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar (note 10, not 11)
However, default-pom.xml in the "core/poms" folder still references org.apache.kafka:kafka_2.11:0.9.0.1-SNAPSHOT

When I built, about a week ago, the documented gradle command to install in Maven didn't install the correct structure, so Maven couldn't find the dependency. I corrected by manually installing the jar using default-pom.xml, but that doesn't work now because the generated jar name has changed (and isn't what's in default-pom.xml)

I haven't tested the gradle to install the artifacts today, because I don't want to break what's working.

What is the correct dependency which I should be using?

Thanks

John
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

RE: Building the 0.9.0 branch

Posted by John Prout <Jo...@acxiom.com>.
Thanks Ismael - I've got a good build installed now.

John

The core jar can be built with either Scala 2.10 or Scala 2.11 and the Scala version is included as part of the artifact. The read me page explains this in more detail. Search for "all scala versions" to find out how to run commands for all Scala versions or "particular version of Scala"
to find out how to run a command for a given version of Scala. The build uses Scala 2.10 by default.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/README.md

Ismael

Re: Building the 0.9.0 branch

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.