Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roy Smith <ro...@panix.com> on 2004/02/18 22:09:16 UTC

Startup scripts not executable?

I downloaded Tomcat-5.0.18 onto my Mac OSX-10.3.2 system.  The scripts
in $CATALINA_HOME/bin (startup.sh, catalina.sh, etc) all got unpacked
without the execute bit set.  I had to do "chmod +x *.sh" to get things
to work.

Is this a bug?

Re: Startup scripts not executable?

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
Roy Smith wrote:

> I downloaded Tomcat-5.0.18 onto my Mac OSX-10.3.2 system.  The scripts
> in $CATALINA_HOME/bin (startup.sh, catalina.sh, etc) all got unpacked
> without the execute bit set.  I had to do "chmod +x *.sh" to get
> things to work.
>
> Is this a bug?

You probably downloaded the zipped version. AFAIK, ZIP format does not
support permissions.

The tarred and gzipped version is OK.

Antonio Fiol