Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 16:11:24 UTC

[ANN] Ivy 2.0.0-alpha-1

April 26 2007 - The Ivy incubator project is please to announce its
2.0.0 alpha 1 release, exactly two years after Ivy 1.0!

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

This is the first release of Ivy in the Apache incubator, and as an
alpha version we do not guarantee any stability, that API and features
are still likely to change until final 2.0.0 version. Still we encourage
the use of this version for early testing.

This version focus was to refactor the code to get better readability,
rename packages to org.apache.ivy, improve maven 2 compatibility along
with some other bug fixes and improvement.

Download the 2.0.0 alpha 1 release files at:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/download.html

More information can be found on the Ivy website -
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

regards,
Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-alpha-1 release mgr)

RE: [ANN] Ivy 2.0.0-alpha-1

Posted by "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>.
Will IVY-399 be in 2.0? The reason I ask is because this is a show
stopper issue for use of IVY at VeriSign.

-Bob