Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Raúl Carazo <rc...@bilbomatica.es> on 2001/12/12 12:04:19 UTC

A simple question: Hot to close acrobat??????????????????

    It's not for this place, but...

    When I open a pdf-report on a IE I see it. OK.

    But when I close the IE, there is an acrobat.exe process still open...

    Any idea?

    thx

Re: A simple question: Hot to close acrobat??????????????????

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com>.
AFAIK, it remains in memory to be able to handle subsequent requests faster.
AKAIK, there is no simple programmatic way to disable this.

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                                ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<xm...@nicolaken.com>                          Paul Simon

Posted by "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>.
At 03:04 12-12-2001, Raúl Carazo wrote:
>     It's not for this place, but...
>
>     When I open a pdf-report on a IE I see it. OK.
>
>     But when I close the IE, there is an acrobat.exe process still open...

As far as I can tell, the only way is to open the Acrobat Reader, which
will launch quickly because the core process is already running; then, when
you quit Acrobat Reader, the process will also close down.

~Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.