Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Joseph M'Bimbi-Bene <jb...@object-ive.com> on 2013/08/22 17:26:24 UTC

no text annotations in rdf response for Stanford nlp engine

Hello, i want to use the Stanford ner tool to annotate entities in english
text. The problem is that i get entities such as dates and others (their
type being referred to as "Others") in the web console but i don't get
anything besides "person" "place" and organisation in the RDF response.

--------------------------

here is the text i am using:

Henri Philippe Benoni Omer Joseph Pétain (24 April 1856 – 23 July 1951),
generally known as Philippe Pétain (French: [fi.lip pe.tɛ̃]), Marshal
Pétain (Maréchal Pétain), or The Lion of Verdun, was a French general who
reached the distinction of Marshal of France, and was later Chief of State
of Vichy France (Chef de l'État Français), from 1940 to 1944. Pétain, who
was 84 years old in 1940, ranks as France's oldest head of state.

Because of his outstanding military leadership in World War I, particularly
during the Battle of Verdun, he was viewed as a national hero in France.
With the imminent fall of France in June 1940, Pétain was appointed Premier
of France by President Lebrun at Bordeaux, and the Cabinet resolved to make
peace with Germany. The entire government subsequently moved briefly to
Clermont-Ferrand, then to the spa town of Vichy in central France. His
government voted to transform the discredited French Third Republic into
the French State, an authoritarian regime. As the war progressed, the
government at Vichy collaborated with the Germans, who in 1942 finally
occupied the whole of metropolitan France because of the threat from North
Africa. Pétain's actions during World War II resulted in his conviction and
death sentence for treason, which was commuted to life imprisonment by his
former protégé Charles de Gaulle. In modern France he is remembered as an
ambiguous figure, while pétainisme is a derogatory term for certain
reactionary policies.

----------------------------

here are some entities i get from the web interface:

People: Charles de Gaulle, Lebrun, Philippe Pétain, Vichy
Others: 1940 to 1944, 1942, French, World War

-----------------------------

Here are the list of entities returned in the rdf response of Stanbol:

 Charles de Gaulle@en http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Henri Philippe Benoni Omer Joseph
Pétain@en http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  North Africa@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Bordeaux@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Vichy@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Vichy France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Philippe Pétain@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Charles de Gaulle@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  Verdun@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Henri Philippe Benoni Omer Joseph
Pétain@en http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  Verdun@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Germany@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Verdun@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Cabinet@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Organisation  Pétain@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  North Africa@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Pétain@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  Marshal Pétain@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Lebrun@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person  France@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Verdun@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Germany@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Place  Marshal Pétain@en
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person
i got them via the sparql query:

PREFIX dc:<http://purl.org/dc/terms/>
PREFIX fise:<http://fise.iks-project.eu/ontology/>
select ?name ?o
where {
{?s dc:type ?o}.
{?s fise:selected-text ?name}
}

I am also addressing the issue in th github of stanford nlp fir Stanbol

Re: no text annotations in rdf response for Stanford nlp engine

Posted by Joseph M'Bimbi-Bene <jb...@object-ive.com>.
OK thank you.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joseph,