Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mahender Sarangam <ma...@outlook.com> on 2018/04/22 07:09:37 UTC

Need to read JSON File

Hi,

we have to read Gz compressed JSON File from Source System. I see they are 3 different ways of reading JSON data.  Our data doesn't have nesting at all. We see one option

  *     get_json_object and
  *   Another is get_json_tuple.

I heard they time consuming library and whereas third is  org.openx.data.jsonserde, I could find where i can download this JAR File. I heard this(org.openx.data.jsonserde) serde is fast. Can any one provide location where i can download this Serde. Or there any disadvantages of using org.openx.data.jsonserde

also see in my Hive Version 1.2, there is Library called  Json-20090211.jar. Is this for JSON parsing

Re: Need to read JSON File

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Check the Json serde:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/SerDe