Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by luotian <lt...@basecity.com> on 2005/08/26 05:25:06 UTC

It's not necessary to let every service can be constructed

I made a interface-only package contains my APIs, and supplied a
hivemodule.xml included the service points without any implementation.
In my application I will use some of the services, and I will provide
implementations for them, but hivemind compliant for other services
without any constructor contributed by any module. I think it is not
necessary for hivemind to check this. Now I must provide lots of place
holder for these interfaces. :-(

RE: It's not necessary to let every service can be constructed

Posted by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn>.
Hi,

I think that's a good point that hivemind checks that for you! This way you
can more easily track configuration mistakes.

Regarding your problem, I think you should have a look at the
hivemind.lib.PlaceholderFactory, this factory will create default
implementations for any service. You can put this as the default
implementation where your service-points are defined. And if needed override
the implementation in another module  (I assume you use hivemind-1.1)

Cheers

	Jean-Francois