Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sprasad <sp...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 13:55:26 UTC

Virtual Machines set-up

I have a query regarding VMs setting up. Actually, I need to know the steps
to be followed for setting up Virtual Machines (VMs) which will be provided
to us (they sit outside of the country) and we from here (India) have to set
up an environment and then create and execute Jmeter scripts on it,
controlling from here.

Please help me out in this regard as I am completely new to these kind of
things, I can record and do run scripts in both Jmeter and Badboy (by
exporting them to jmeter scripts) and evaluating the results, but running
Jmeter scripts on VMs i have not done it before. I do not know the set up
environment.

Thanks,
Prasad

Re: Virtual Machines set-up

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 July 2011 12:55, sprasad <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a query regarding VMs setting up. Actually, I need to know the steps
> to be followed for setting up Virtual Machines (VMs) which will be provided
> to us (they sit outside of the country) and we from here (India) have to set
> up an environment and then create and execute Jmeter scripts on it,
> controlling from here.
>
> Please help me out in this regard as I am completely new to these kind of
> things, I can record and do run scripts in both Jmeter and Badboy (by
> exporting them to jmeter scripts) and evaluating the results, but running
> Jmeter scripts on VMs i have not done it before. I do not know the set up
> environment.

How did you set up JMeter to run on your local system?

Follow the same steps to set it up on a VM.