Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Allan Crooks <am...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> on 2001/01/22 03:14:42 UTC

HTMLLayout Query

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Log4J (in terms of using it, anyway), and I just have a
fairly quick question.

I currently have the PropertyConfigurator set up to direct output to a
FileAppender, using the HTMLLayout class. Is there anyway I can set it so
that the header and footer are written to the file? Or should this be done
automatically?

And, on an unrelated topic, what is the general view for logging when
several VM's are running at the same time? For example, I currently want
to write to a file, but I can't have several processes attempting to write
to the same one. I can't use NDC, because it's not in the same virtual
machine. I'd still like to use PropertyConfigurator, if it's possible.

The only reason I'm using several VM's, is because I've written a quick
basic Console style interface using System.in and System.out....

Allan.