Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/12 07:38:45 UTC

Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Hi all,

   I've digged into PackageMapper and CryptoMapper trying to achieve a
Mapper based on user defined URLs, but honestly, it is not easy (at least
for me).

   The goal is to provide access to pages in package com.mysite.profile
(pages: Guests, Messages, Wall, Home, etc) through a root path with user
name like:

http://mysite.com/${username}/Guests

And, one user may open as several tabs as he wants, each for different user.
Links should also be easily provided between pages beneath that path.

One workaround came to mind:

- loop through user database and mountPackage for each username

But this seems a little odd to do, so that's why I came to the list.

Anybody with a suggestion?

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

Re: Mapper based on user-defined URLs

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
only if it will replace the one that is there now. there is no point
to have two package mappers

-igor

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Indeed :)