Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by samar kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 12:27:04 UTC

an emtry region

Hi Hbase users,
If all the rows of an region are deleted what happens to the region. Would
it still exist . It can be removed by writing some code but can it be
removed automatically. Also what is the cost of having a empty region.
Regards,
Samar

Re: an emtry region

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You're right there - compactions does not merge region boundaries.
They just merge the accumulated (flushed, etc.) storefiles belonging
to each region, for every region thats fragmented over time.

--
Harsh J

Re: an emtry region

Posted by J Mohamed Zahoor <jm...@gmail.com>.

Re: NodeManager too many connections

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Miguel,

Unsure why this needs to be on the HBase lists. I've moved it to
cdh-users@ since you're using that and it may be specific to that
version.

Can you send across a jstack of your NodeManager?

--
Harsh J

NodeManager too many connections

Re: an emtry region