Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/21 13:27:16 UTC

Freerun: Space for tools

I thought there could be a place for a logging talk and Simone asked
for a place for a Commons talk. Thinking twice i didn't find a proper
place.

I think there might be a few projects which do not fit exactly in a
web, integration or jee track. For example, Maven, Ant, Bloodhound
(Incubating). Probably we should have a track which provides space for
projects which are not mentioned. Probably a Labs Quick talk could be
included there. for example, 1 hour talk = 4 labs shown.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
How about this tag line: "Apache Daily - How we drink our own
champagne every day" ?

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Well I consider all of the below mentioned projects as the
foundational & essential glue that makes other ASF project possible.
Just regarding them as pluming, infrastructure or tooling ignores
their very importance for other projects IMO :)

Cheers
Daniel

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> 2012/7/2 Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>:
>> "Track chair" is the person who acts as a community liaison with the appropriate subset of the Apache community relevant to the track. So it's a leadership position for a subset of the talks. There's no real reason (that I can think of) why the role shouldn't be filled by a team, but an individual is best as a principal point of contact.
>
> No other volunteers so count me for this role. (excuse in advance all
> noob questions from me: friendly RTFM will be accepted without any
> issues).
> And I will try to hire more people for the team :-)

I waited for that :-) - I take that hand!

Just entered "Apache Daily" as track and put you into the Chair role.
I have made myself a backup, just in case.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZqERZgbUeSdF9xcFdpNkp2UWNLUThxX3NYc1pZWnc#gid=0

Anybody else willing to join? Some improvements?

Cheers
Christian

Re: Freerun: Space for tools

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.