Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pierre Coquentin <pi...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/31 09:49:14 UTC

How to know the begin offset of a partition

Hi

How do we get the starting offset of a partition from a topic when we have
a retention policy configured?
I've checked in shell script kafka-topic.sh or kafka-console-consumer.sh
but found nothing so far. Do we have to implement our own solution to get
this information?
It could be nice in kafka-console-consumer.sh to display LOG-BEGIN-OFFSET like
it already displays LOG-END-OFFSET.
Thanks,

Pierre

Re: How to know the begin offset of a partition

Posted by R Krishna <kr...@gmail.com>.
Not the best idea but you can open another listener that is not SASL
enabled until they patch is released.

--
Radha Krishna, Proddaturi
253-234-5657

Re: How to know the begin offset of a partition

Posted by Pierre Coquentin <pi...@gmail.com>.
thanks, too bad :(

Posted by Gabriele Paggi <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,