Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Nicolae <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/30 01:11:09 UTC

List of Bugs

Hi,

I need some pointers to get started with fixing things.

I found this URL that shows the list of bugs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel

How do I know which one to pick and not focus on something that someone
else is working on ?

Re: List of Bugs

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for asking, Nicolae!

You're looking in the right place for bugs. I recommend choosing an
implementation (python, avro, C, JS, Java, etc) and learning that first.
You can typically know whether someone intends to work on a bug or
feature if they have assigned it to themselves, but when in doubt just
ask on the issue.

We look forward to your contributions. Thanks!

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer