Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2011/12/01 06:59:16 UTC

Re: Thoughts on how to grow our community.

Hi Bilgin,
thanks for your thoughts here.  I remember doing that lightning talk at
last years LJC open conf, only shame that I couldn't make it to this years.

It is, actually, really easy to use Isis domain models in other frameworks,
but we don't really explain how particularly well.  Hopefully the new site
will make it clearer that this is an option and have some better
information here.

I've been working on the online demo, and hope to have it hosted and
running in the next day or two.  It combines the HTML and JSON (REST)
viewers into a single WAR, so the user can switch between either view.  If
you're interested in a sneak peak, its in SVN at examples/onlinedemo.

Your idea of having a special JIRA list for would-be contributors to tackle
is a great one; I'll try to go through them and categorize them some how.
 Do you know how other Apache projects do this, by the way?

Thanks
Dan

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 1 December 2011 05:59, Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Bilgin,
> thanks for your thoughts here.  I remember doing that lightning talk at last
> years LJC open conf, only shame that I couldn't make it to this years.
>
> It is, actually, really easy to use Isis domain models in other frameworks,
> but we don't really explain how particularly well.  Hopefully the new site
> will make it clearer that this is an option and have some better information
> here.
>
> I've been working on the online demo, and hope to have it hosted and running
> in the next day or two.  It combines the HTML and JSON (REST) viewers into a
> single WAR, so the user can switch between either view.  If you're
> interested in a sneak peak, its in SVN at examples/onlinedemo.
>
> Your idea of having a special JIRA list for would-be contributors to tackle
> is a great one; I'll try to go through them and categorize them some how.
>  Do you know how other Apache projects do this, by the way?

Yes,  Apache Camel is a good example, you can see in this page
http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html  there is "easy to resolve
issues" link pointing to jira and shows only issues with estimated
complexity - novice.

HTH
Bilgin